Wednesday, June 21, 2006

is was

I've been trying to tap out around 1,200 words for my final papers due in this friday...lot's of boring food, plain booze and long conversations trying to figure out what it is I actually want to say.

I found that after a while of writing everything slows down to the extent that the words continue to appear but I can critically examine things as they are happening.

It made me think, what is the point of words like 'is' and 'was' and 'to'?

of course I'm well aware of their linguistic purpose, but all words are a creation of representative meaning from the material context. I'm sick of purely abstracted explainations of concepts, nothing exists in the abstract, because the abstract itself does not exist.

What does is was mean?

3 Comments:

Blogger Leilouta said...

That's why I love drawing,no rules :)

8:48 am, June 22, 2006  
Blogger Andrew said...

Maybe blogger should add a paint panel so I can draw all my future posts

and maybe I can convince my lecturers to accept assignments done in crayon?

8:23 am, June 23, 2006  
Blogger flic said...

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

I just had to say that.

12:47 am, June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home